keskiviikko 11. tammikuuta 2017

Circle lens review: I-Codi Colors Of The Wind Aqua Marin

When I begun cosplaying I decided to never order any blue lenses. I thought that it would've been pointless since my eyes are partly blue by nature.

In 2016 I decided against my earlier decision and ordered blue contacts, a pair of I-Codi Colors Of The Wind Aqua Marin. I ordered them from IFairycon.
Basically I ordered them for my Deidara cosplay - you know, a ninja from Naruto? His eyes are a bit more blue than mine... And that's why I decided to try these since these seemed to be a very good option.

All pictures © me.

The vials of the lenses.

The lenses in their vials.
Base curve: 8,6 mm
Diameter: 15 mm
Water content: 38 %
Life span: 1 year

I was a bit afraid of inserting these into my eyes since in the morning my eyes had hurt so much that keeping them open was one hell of a task to do. 
But soon I noticed that my fear was completely pointless; inserting lenses hasn't felt this comfortable in a long time! My eyes didn't even try to reject these! <3
By the way, after opening the vials I let these soak in a new solution over the night. The original solution in the vials makes at least my eyes water and hurt. I don't recommend testing if it does the same thing to your eyes. 

One lens in, notice the enlargement.
These are one of the most comfortable lenses I've ever had. Indoors these blurred my vision a couple of times but outdoors that problem didn't exist. I could drive the car easily when I wore these since these didn't irritate my eyes at all and the blur wasn't that bad (I could see clearly what was happening ahead of me/at the side of the road/etc.). 
Every now and then I actually forgot that I even have contacts in my eyes. After 7 hours I had to take these off since I can't wear lenses during my Krav Maga training but I can tell you that I could've worn these for the full 8 hours easily! 

After inserting the lenses I noticed one thing; these are WAY TOO BLUE for Deidara. At first I was a bit disappointed about it because I had ordered these for that certain cosplay but no can do. Well, I can always wear these when I cosplay Miku Hatsune.
That doesn't mean that I wouldn't like the color and the design. For some reason the design reminds me about a cornflower - the blue part of the lenses actually looks like a flower. There are a few shades of blue which make the color look quite lively. The black limbal ring brings the "anime eyes" effect to these - the ring is a bit too thick to make these look actually natural (well, at least these don't look natural in my eyes). 

Here are the pictures~!
The colors aren't edited in any way.
My eyes are a mixture of gray, green and blue; in other words, my eyes are light-colored.

These pictures were taken in January with semi-cloudy sky. 

(Oh, and I decided not to wear make-up/wig this time; partly because I really didn't have time to do anything fancier and partly because I wanted to show you how natural/unnatural these look in light-colored eyes.)

Yellow light.

Indoors, with a flash.

Under the fluorescent lamp.
Bathroom light.

Indoors, natural light (gazing through the window).

Outdoors, facing the (partly clouded) sun.

Outdoors, back against the sun.

From a distance.
  • Even though the color wasn't perfect for Deidara, I'd still rate it 8/10. It's just a bit too dark for my taste, otherwise I have nothing bad to say about it.
  • The design is  9/10. I like how the blue part of the lens reminds me about the flower petals, it's a lovely detail! The dark limbal ring also gives the nice "anime eyes" effect.
  • The opacity is 7,5/10. These don't blend as well with my natural eye color as I had wished. In some lights the blending happens, yes, but in most lights you can see my natural eye color in the middle.
  • The comfort is totally 10/10. One of the most comfortable lenses I've ever had!
  • The naturalness... Well, I wanted to show you how natural these look in light-colored eyes without make-up on, and I'd say 4/10. My brother glanced at me and commented that I looked like an alien so... Yeah :D These are way too huge to be worn on a normal day without make-up. However, the color looks quite natural.
  • And then there's the enlargement which I rate 9/10. Pretty much the same than with the former lens pairs I've worn. 

And there it is!
Got any questions? Ask in the comment box, contact me on social media or send me an e-mail!

-Firith

2 kommenttia:

  1. Sad to hear these weren't what you wanted for your Deidara cosplay but, lord, the color is beautiful! *_* I've almost always had a knack for bright blue lenses, hehe... (which is funny because, just like you, originally I felt that it'd be pointless to buy blue lenses since my eyes are blue-gray, lol)

    I'm surprised by how big they look! I have several pairs from this series as well (in different colors thou, mainly greens) and I didn't quite expect them to be very enlarging. Oh well, these will be nice for cosplay purposes because they do give the "anime eye" effect, as you said! Can't wait to open and try out my pairs!

    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Cosplay & Circle Lens Blog ☆

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Yeah, it was a bit of a disappointment at first but no can do, I'll just have to look for some other lenses for that cosplay. And yes, that color is indeed beautiful! <3
      Haha xD Yeah, at least after this I'll order even blue lenses - seems like it isn't as pointless as I first thought :DD

      I was quite surprised about that too since they didn't look very enlarging when I first saw them in their vials! And yes, these are perfect for cosplay purposes :)
      Can't wait to hear your opinion about them! ^__^

      Poista