perjantai 13. tammikuuta 2017

"Why should I wear make-up when cosplaying?"

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!


The question in the title is one that I've heard or seen many people asking - and a question I've also asked myself. 
At first I'd like to say that I have nothing against people who don't wear make-up when cosplaying. Since I can't read minds I can't know why they don't do so - and let's face it: I don't use that much make-up for example when I cosplay Josh. 
But when it comes to anime characters/VOCALOIDs/manga characters etc. I try to make myself look a bit more like the character and that's possible with make-up. 
Today I decided to do this "power of make-up" thing with cosplay make-up. The idea is that a person only does the make-up like usual but just to the other side of their face while another side of their face is all natural. I chose Luka Megurine's make-up since I haven't done it in ages (and I will not do it in the near future again).
Note: I'm not a professional make-up artist. Usually I don't wear make-up at all. 

All photos (c) me.
All of the pics (excluding first two ones) were taken with a flash. 
These pictures aren't edited in any way.


All natural, no make-up at all.

I put a lens to my other eye. I'm also wearing foundation and powder in this picture.

Coloured the eye-brow and added the blush and the contour.

The make-up side of my face.

The natural side of my face.

Added the eyeliner and some light-coloured eye-shadow. 

Put on the false eyelashes... And fucked up my eyeliner because I poked myself in the eye with the damn lashes. Fml. 

Just compare the sides of my face.
I look surprisingly angry in the last pic... I didn't actually intend to do so but I stared at the flash so it might be because of that.

But yeah, here you can see what make-up actually does to one's looks in my opinion I look a bit scary with that much make-up on lol!
This post was quite nice to do - even though I don't like wearing make-up, sometimes I just like to experiment different kinds of make-up styles and techniques.

See you next time~!

-Firith

2 kommenttia:

  1. Wow, this is a very interesting and straight-to-the-point post! Such a clever idea to demonstrate what makeup really does with the split-face example – the difference is really noticeable. :D Great post and I'm sure it will be helpful to some people out there!

    This makes me want to do a similar post myself, tbh... xD Back in the days I did a text-based makeup post about my own experiences and stuff but yeah, maybe I should do a follow-up, a photo edition lol.

    ☆ Shiro Samurai's Cosplay & Circle Lens Blog ☆

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Thank you! ^^
      I actually got the idea from some YouTube videos but decided to do a blog post version of it since I have neither a program nor skills for editing a video. And yes, I admit that the difference is quite noticeable... :'D

      Just do it! :DD It would be very interesting to read! :)

      Poista